View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 02:38 AM   #5905 (permalink)
tvfreakazoid
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Audi S5; 6spd.
tvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond reputetvfreakazoid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Back in the days of the Grip Z coupe concept &when Nissan talked to Jay Leno.

They talked about having a more pure sports car drive, yet with more grand touring usability. They wanted to build a car Mr. K would be proud of as he felt, before he passed, the Z34, had lost the purity of past Z's.

So in one of my past analysis back in 2013, I stated that for this Z to have a pure driving experience yet be a good grand tourer. The Z would have to grow 5 to 6 inches in length, and squat down to 51", which would make it big enough to get a 240z sized trunk but yet be small enough to stay nimble. I also said nissan would have to stretch the wheelbase to about 104".

I wasnt far off from reality. This Z proto is 172.5" long

51.6 inches high, which means a nismo model would be around 51" high. Havent heard what the wheelbase is yet? But im sure im not far off either...

What I did say though was the Z would have to decrease in weight from its first year weights which were

3232lbs manual base

3280lbs auto.

So im hoping we'd see at least 3120 base manual and 3200 auto.

This i have less confidence in. Figuring another 80 lbs for the sport pkg and 120lbs for the nismo.

Maxing it out at no more than 3400lbs for the big boy?

But im probably too hopeful in this dept? Either way I can dream and it is nice going down a checklist of more things nissan has done right instead of a checklist of what they did wrong.

And yes. Im prating the front end is a prototype only and they embolden the cars beautiful lines on the side.

It would also be nice to see a surpriss announcement of a 2500lb idx with the qx30 engine boosted to about 240hp and DCT going for 30k. Nissan needs to go back to its roots. They can call it the 200sx.

The maxima name is supposed to be dying off. Well, here's a chance to make a real sports sedan out of the altima or kick in with a futuristic sport sedan.

Cuz the only way the Z will really sell well? Is if the whole lineup, updates into interesting cars in all price ranges.
I like the fact nissan made the Z longer, shorter and wider. Although very minimal of the height and width.
I dont like small, short wheelbase sports cars.
But as for the weight, I doubt it would lighter.
Since they are using the same chassis as the 370z. And they have to improve on that.

I'll be in my bunk!

http://www.the370z.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1188&dateline=1232328  539
tvfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote