View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 09:47 PM   #5901 (permalink)
sunkist350z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 370z sport 6-sp
sunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaesthetics View Post
I'm curious as to why they didn't go with a design closer to these concepts.

The 1st one looks similar to the Proto, but more crisp and aggressive. The 2nd definitely looks like more of a concept and less realistic in terms of bringing that design to life. The 3rd I like how the rear end slopes more off the roof line straight towards the taillights and creates that ledge then angles back in and almost straight down to the diffuser and exhaust tips. Where as with the Proto, the middle-bottom area protrudes out, creating that hump.

IMO, instead of focusing on making it look like the older Zs, they should've designed the Proto with more of these cool, concept designs without going over the top. I think this would've appealed to more people for sure. I know most of the time concept designs aren't possible to create because of regulations, engineering, and what have you. However, looking at other cars of today especially supercars and hypercars, they have a lot of crazy, sharp, and concept-like looking designs while still making it to production, passing regulation, and being road legal. So, again while I fully understand it is not possible to put an entire concept into production, it is definitely possible to implement more of these conceptual design elements. I feel they just decided not to.

I like the overall look and aesthetic of the car, but they did not hit it out of the park by any means. I appreciate the retro looks and styling. I just wish they would've added more of the concept-driven designs with less retro/throwback styling, but that's just my personal taste. And who knows maybe they'll make changes and add some more conceptual details come production time.
I agree, especially love the 3rd picture
sunkist350z is offline   Reply With Quote