View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #2880 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
LOL, that is from distributor. The only quote he gave me to my residence put it at $600 a barrel. I called several places. The distributor in Las Vegas wanted 500 and another in Lake Havasu City wanted 550 for Ignite e85 not e90. I got the best price from Snail Performance in Phoenix at the $420 price. Torco, which is out of Phoenix makes a similar e90 and also carries Ignite e90 and the price is 420 as well. I will probably run pump e85 but I won't get it from the pump but the transfer station in Las Vegas. It will come e80 + - a couple of percent. It will be clean. I may add some Boostane to it to get the octane level up.

We run Boostane in the Miata. It was 118 whp on 91 and dynoed at 160 on Boostane!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I will daily drive on Pump E85 which is E77 from where I get it. I will limit my boost to 17psi. If I turn it up I will be on Ignite E90. I just need it to be very consistent for that level. E85 detonation may not be detected. I am not taking any chances.
It is more expensive to replace an engine than to nut up and run the good stuff when needed.

Last edited by Spooler; 09-09-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote