View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #8830 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Yeah, that's pretty much my point. The best you can do is limit where some of your data can be stolen from, short of abandoning society altogether (which has its appeal some most days). I also don't think it's a nefarious plot, but my libertarian leanings include not enjoying having my data sold.
THIS!

We are a few common sense privacy respecting laws/regulations away from making this far less of an issue. Problem is this directly pits profit against our individual freedoms, only the former pays lobbyists and politicians. The latter is the bs lip service those same folks spew while grabbing sacks of cash and selling us all out with a smile.

As far as nefarious plot or not, my take is it started out not at all in a nefarious way from the govt side but they quickly realized the potential benefits so there is now an active push, is this now nefarious?, to keep and expand the serveilance state.

It was always nefarious from the get go as far as corps wre concerned. We are the cash cow to be milked and slaughtered. Keep them docile and believing the apps and social media and modern conveniences are actually for them when in fact WE, our data are the commodity. Those cows in the field probably think the ranchers are the best thing ever right up until the point that they get slaughtered.