View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #8828 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy View Post
I think a cash less society is drawing closer and closer !
We are being trained ( nudged ) in that direction ? Question, What percentage Are you guys using cash or card ? Change shortage in your area ? Are you being asked for exact change or a card ?
Next we’ll be seeing sings of “ For the safety of our employees we carry no cash “
I personally use cash as much as possible, don’t want my cc in every store I purchase something from. Now I know all of you young guns think I’m crazy but have any of you been involved with a data breach or had your ID stolen ? Not fun.
IMHO for what it’s worth ( not much ) it’s just another way of tracking / monitoring, and in a free society ....... well you get it
I hope Americans never get the call to turn in our cash and now all transactions are to be done electronically.
Remember the fewer choices = fewer freedoms
Cash is important, and I hate the idea of being monitored by either corps or govt but using a cc makes sense most of the time to help limit Id theft liability online as well as in store purchases. We do try to use cash to pay in person as much as possible whenever it’s a sketchy place or not too sure @bout someplace.

As someone with strong libertarian leanings, I get what you’re saying but passing laws to prevent data mining and profiting off our info, esp with no reimbursement or realistic ability to opt out is probably the best solution.

Too much “security” (govt take) and money (Corp take) at stake so our citizens right to relative anonymity and privacy take a back seat as usual.