View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #8225 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
This kind of reminds me of my mom. My mom was very mobile in her early 80's. She fell out of bed and broke her ankle. Not bad. Stress cracks. She went into a wheelchair. Once her ankle healed. She refused to get out of the wheelchair and walk. That's where she stayed until she died.
Mom broke her left thigh bone a few years back. She's had that hip and knee replaced and there wasn't much bone between the two appliances. The bone broke causing a fall. She's got a titanium piece connecting the two appliances, so the leg should be stronger than ever, but she got it in her mind that if she could get to using a walker that would be fine. Once she could use the walker, she quit doing any more therapy. She acts like a 4 year old sometimes, having a fit when she can't get her McDonalds.... even though the doctor has told her that it's junk food....