View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
funkjaw
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z WH M6
funkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond reputefunkjaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default No power below 3k

2009 Manual Sport with 94k

New problem for the car, has severe power loss below 3k. No matter how hard I step on the pedal it just doesn't accelerate much but then when I get to 3k or above it pulls fine.

Car has Z1 oil cooler,, KNN drop ins, test pipes, Nvidia Gemini cat back, and LW Flywheel.

Replaced the MAFS, no change.

Looking at torque app via OBD2 scanner it shows an anomaly with TPS, it doesn't seem to go beyond 10% throttle input until after 3k and only registers a max of 90% in the high RPM range.... BUT I know from other cars the Torque app always has weird TPS readings so I am not sure I should trust it.

Happens regardless of oil temps, IAT, Ambient air temp...

Here is a video of me attempting to demonstrate the issue. It might not be very obvious in the video but trust me it is incredibly noticeable it feels like someone stuffed giant potatoes in the exhaust until 3.2k or so and was never like this the last 10k miles of owning the car.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xVcbeeHWaE

Last edited by funkjaw; 08-27-2020 at 10:12 PM.
funkjaw is offline   Reply With Quote