View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 04:39 PM   #7888 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZS-Carpenter View Post
No and I don't want to either.

On most of my picks we have way more crane than the weight requires. But we need big boys to reach the heights im on. Like this one, needed 240' of stick so they had to swing one section of jib. That still had the hook within a few feet of the tip to hit the top of the hen house.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
When I worked at Elliott TurboMachinery. We had a 100 ton overhead crane in the shop. We would routinely lift 130 to 140 tons with it. When we lifted anything at 100 tons or over. We would chase everyone out of the building. Then would only be 3 people in the building. The crane operator a foreman, and a spotter.

On-site. A lot of times. We had to remove the roofs of buildings to get at the equipment to work on it. When you have to remove the top half casing of a centrifugal compressor that weights 35 to 40 tons. And there is no crane inside the building. You do what you have to do.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html