View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 01:54 AM   #7622 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoren 370 View Post
You said a ST with 10 ply would work with my 20 footer?
I did; as the E load-range tire is factory sizes for that trailer & adequate,pending quality of tires.
The Goodyear Endurance Trailer service tires are rated just over 2800# each@80psi
We haven’t had trouble with those on our cargo trailers
The tires that I was referring to on Spoolers horse trailer are most likely 235/85/R16’s, as those are available in 14ply (G-load range) & HAF
Those are on a few deck over trailers that see off road action, bounce off curbs & errthing else....just abused
Run those tires at max cold tire pressure & as level as possible, as Spooler mentioned.
Measure the ground clearance on each side at front & rear vs using a level....+ a tick high is better in front vs being low up front; that will wag the dog
Properly loading is another thing; keep weight forward & let your big truck handle so of the spread
I currently have a small 5x9 tag trailer w/ ShingShang’ s on it & a Goodride spare from Tractor Supply..ST205/75/15 ... I’m thinking C load range (6ply)
No where the weight you’re hauling; but you’ll be fine with the GY’s,as your hubs can’t hardly withstand the increased weight of the 14-ply 16” wheel/tire combo

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html