View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Short answer no.

To elaborate:
The mods you're listing and reading into their benefits is technically true, but the scale of measure isn't what you think it is. Almost everyone early falls for that, then does it and keeps telling themselves it's legit. 7 stages of denial, etc.

Shave a few pounds here. Lets say 10lb from the exhaust, maybe 20lb the wheels. The G37 is 3500+lbs. You add a CAI and CBE, maybe get another 20hp, and that's probably only proper with a tune. You're a few thousand dollars deep now, especially if you paid for labor (which sometimes is the right thing to do). At most you dropped 1-2% weight, and gained 6% of power. RPF1's aren't exactly a rare thing either.

If anyone were to air their back road driving laundry here with these kinds of mods, I think most including myself will tell you, that is not doing much.

Only real gain is you have a better feeling, more responsive, and perhaps better sounding car. If that battery sucks at holding charge, that was just a waste. I understand you've had the car for a while, and you want to do some things, and there is still merit to doing these mods, but I think you need to make sure you level your expectations.

I'm not saying this to insult you. Like I said, a lot of people start with this mindset, and the result is literally what it is.

To really take a car to another considerable level, is to take the mods to another level. But that can also create new problems.