View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 11:37 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
OS Giken is a good choice. When my car just had bolt on's, I had 4.08's installed. It definitely helped with low end performance. I feel it's a good upgrade for a car with bolt ons. Once I went forced induction, I went back to the stock 3.69 ratio. First gear became absolutely useless and the lower gearing isn't needed with added power. That's just my opinion.

N/A, the 4.08 works good for the strip. Going boost. Most guys want to go to the 3.54, or the 3.30 gears. As 1st gear, and the bottom of 2nd gear is overpowered by engine torque.

Using the OS Giken diff. You have to use the OS Giken lube to keep it quite. Otherwise, it gets noisy. After install, change the lube after 1000 miles. The lube used to be $70.00 a liter. Now I see it's $50.00 a liter. I have one, and it works great. Get the Z1 finned diff cover too. I recorded temps of 265F in my diff. The cover will hold an extra 1/2 liter of lube.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 06-27-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote