View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 09:36 AM   #33 (permalink)
JeffP-Z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Supercharg
JeffP-Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Just a couple notes, because there isn't a single 'correct' answer to your question here.

-On an NA car, you can run GT-R injectors for E85. That's your cheapest immediate option.
-On a boosted car, with 93 octane, you already need substantially larger injectors. I'm running 750cc @ ~500whp, using about 80% of capacity.
-If I were running E85, I'd need to increase size substantially, probably 1300s or 1700s.
-If that's where you're heading, you'll also need a bigger fuel pump or fuel pumps to provide appropriate flow.

You'll absolutely need a tune once you go to larger injectors. Trust me when I say that your car will not work with incorrect fuel scaling

Edit: +1 on Rusty's comment about the AAM twin turbo kit. Do not go for that one. If you want twins, go Fast Intentions. If you'd consider a large twin scroll turbo, go BP.
Thanks JLarson. That helped me understand better. Coming from a carburetor background the and jetting to specific requirements don't translate well to fuel injection. I also appreciate the feedback on the AAM kit Rusty. This helps in planning out which pumps, rails, injectors to get now so I can upgrade later to TT.
Drift Z: 2010 370z, TopGun Rotrex Supercharger, ID 1300cc Injectors, FI Long Tube Headers, GReddy RS-Race Single Exit, Setrab PS & Oil Cooler, BC Racing BR Coilovers, CJM S1.SE Fuel System, Walbro 525 pump with the CJM Billet Fuel Hat, OS Giken Superlock 1.5
JeffP-Z is offline   Reply With Quote