View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
You sir....are a BRAVE man
Does this 17yo have ANY experience driving a manual or will yours be their first? I have always felt the Z is one of those cars that isn't a friendly standard comparing it to the Hondas and VWs that I have driven. I tried to teach my niece how to drive standard on my MK6 - after she got frustrated with trying to get used to first and when to give gas and when to feather the clutch; i think after that day - she decided to stick with autos (sad day for me) haha.
He has no manual experience. That's why I'm leaving the stock clutch in. There's nothing in the clutch system he can mess up that I haven't already purchased a replacement for.

I feel like the Z is an excellent option for several reasons. SRM is a great tool for learning how the Z wants to be driven. Also, the power in the car means that you can get going in 1st gear without even touching the gas pedal if you let out the clutch slow enough - this is great practice for clutch modulation.

I can't stand the numb pedal feel in most manual cars these days, VWs especially

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote