View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It says a ride, not a drive. I'm guessing he didn't let the kid drive it. I've let a few people drive my car. Pretty much all of them drove it with SRM off No burning clutch allowed - you can have plenty of fun and still smoke the tires without riding the clutch.

I'm about to let a family friend (17 yo) learn how to drive manual on my Z once it gets back from the shop. I am waiting to install the Stage 2 clutch kit and leaving in the stock clutch (100K miles on it) for him to practice with. We will be on a closed course and in parking lots for safety.
Hah I did this on my old clutch. My youngest brother (15 years my junior) had never driven a manual. Took him out to the parking lot at my dad's church, and we worked on cruising around. Getting used to 2 pedals is tough for some people