View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It says a ride, not a drive. I'm guessing he didn't let the kid drive it. I've let a few people drive my car. Pretty much all of them drove it with SRM off No burning clutch allowed - you can have plenty of fun and still smoke the tires without riding the clutch.

I'm about to let a family friend (17 yo) learn how to drive manual on my Z once it gets back from the shop. I am waiting to install the Stage 2 clutch kit and leaving in the stock clutch (100K miles on it) for him to practice with. We will be on a closed course and in parking lots for safety.
You sir....are a BRAVE man
Does this 17yo have ANY experience driving a manual or will yours be their first? I have always felt the Z is one of those cars that isn't a friendly standard comparing it to the Hondas and VWs that I have driven. I tried to teach my niece how to drive standard on my MK6 - after she got frustrated with trying to get used to first and when to give gas and when to feather the clutch; i think after that day - she decided to stick with autos (sad day for me) haha.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote