View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #139 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I've been out of bicycles for a while. Haven't kept up with some of the changes. The last 3 bikes I had were the Litespeed Ti road bike, A aluminum framed GT MT, and the cro-moly Trek 990 I have now. Almost bought a LOOK carbon frame back in 2001 or there abouts. $5,000 just for the frame. My hip started to go bad and I just quit riding for the most part. Still put a few miles on each summer.
Nothing wrong with the Litespeed titanium, there are some high end Ti road frames out there. More for the gotta have Ti guys though, not good for racing. For road it's pretty much all carbon frames but there are a few decent aluminum frames. Mountain are either aluminum or carbon now. I have about 8k into my road bike. Would have been a lot more but I bought the frame off ebay and built it up myself. Built the wheels myself too (bought the carbon rims and spoked, tensioned and trued them). Maybe you should look into an electric mountain bike. All my buddies have them now. I'm the only one that hasn't gone electric yet.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp