View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 11:23 AM   #61 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Well we learned some interesting things about the car. The ducting ssfirehawk made out of cardboard and duct tape, worked a little to good lol. It has massive amounts of air flowing into the engine bay and underneath the car. Downside not enough venting to get the air out, under braking into high speed corner the rear end would get very light and start to move around and you visibly see the hood shaking and hear the undertray scraping lol. Almost the car still seems to run happy at 270 degree oil temps, would of loved to logged at the oil temps, with pulling power when oil temps reached 280. This is in 90 plus degree heat with humidity ranging from 60-90%. Hopefully we can take this information and make some
Improvement to reach out sub 2:30 goal on street tires.
I don't think Eddie's car is on coilovers but if so soften the dampening or get softer springs since the track is so bumpy. I sounds like you have excellent grip up front. It may be time for a rear wind.

I love that Fugi hood, but that was why I sold it to Eddie. I was driving faster and the hood wasn't moving enough air. So I started talking to #trackspec to develop the hood vents for the Z. There is a real cost to getting faster! LMAO

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote