View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 10:14 PM   #8917 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

To preface my subject, I couldn't find a solid dash cam thread on this forum (unless I missed it) and I didn't want to create a new one just for this. Carrying on...

I've been looking at dash cams recently because I wanted to upgrade my knock-off go pro one that I've been using because it has a "car-mode" function in it which functions as a dash cam. It's usable, but there are some issues with it, namely the battery and lack of capacitor which is very important to me. Having a rear camera is nice too and I found some dash cams that caught my attention which had a dual camera design. They're about $150-200. However, I randomly came across this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insigni...?skuId=6348901

It has the design I like, attractive price point, utilizes a capacitor, built in LCD, built in G-sensor, and solid reviews. Well, I picked up a used one on eBay for $29 (!) and received it today. I personally think BestBuy's brand, Insignia, has always been either a hit or miss, but I figured for $29 and something that checks all the boxes for me...why not. I'm curious to test out how well it performs with the night vision, the sensitivity of the G-sensor which will activate emergency file recording, the angle/coverage of the rear camera, and the overall quality. So far the build quality seems fine and the mounting module is simple. I couldn't really find any reviews on this specific dash cam and considering this isn't a name brand dash cam, no one probably cares lol Only time will tell how it holds up, but I'd recommend this based off my first impression. If you guys care, let me know what you think.