View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 09:17 PM   #7316 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
I read you're not going to appeal for it, just out of curiosity, is speeding ticket easy to fight in US?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Depends. Usually on the region/court but often the circumstances as well. Sometimes it is incredibly easy. Sometimes it is simply a waste of time.

Anything is easy to fight if you get a good lawyer.

IMO, if you are contesting a speeding ticket and you are your own defense, the likelihood of it getting dismissed is not likely. And in the off-chance it did get dismissed, you would have to provide some compelling evidence that 1.) you weren't speeding, 2.) if you were, then a justification as to why you were, 3.) the LEO's equipment was faulty, 4.) LEO's credibility, 5.) etc. There is also the scenario where the LEO doesn't show up to court if you were to appeal, and in this case, the citation could be dismissed, but again, the likelihood of the LEO not showing up is unlikely. Too many dismissed citations against a LEO doesn't look too good on their end.

Last edited by vtec to vvel; 05-19-2020 at 09:21 PM.