View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 06:21 PM   #7301 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
If the officer doesnt show up or if there's a defect on the ticket the judge will dismiss it.

Otherwise, no. Remember that the state/district attorneys assigned to traffic courtrooms are brand-new and itching to have some trial experience.

And in Cook County, at least, you get a whole other set of statutory fines leveled on you if you show up and contest the ticket. Victim Reimbursement Fund, DUI Fund, Illinois-Be-Broke Fund.
I had to go to court for a ticket. The judge that day was a stand in for the regular one. He said that California fees/taxes on top of ticket fines were ridiculous, and that people can ask for a reduced fine. He was dropping the fine for EVERYONE by over half.
Then a guy comes in, calls out about 20 names and to follow him to another courtroom because this one was way too full. I was one of them. The judge I had to see had just finished a hearing regarding a drug offender. I ask if he could reduce my fine. NO! Case closed.
That first judge showed us the base fine for difference offenses, then what it costs after fees/taxes/bs, it was like 10-15x the cost of the base penalty.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace