View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 02:21 PM   #5609 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
ahhh... no wonder I didnt see any mention of that command. The pointers indicating a previous mailbox in existance and reverting back makes sense. MS failsafe that created a fail.
Let me know if it works, Im pretty curious.
SO that command does run. But it doesn't make any notable changes to the settings of the cloud mailbox. Makes no sense to me. I do have a solution though and should probably make a post about it somewhere online because I very well might be the first person in the world to have done this.

What i did was first disable the on-prem mailbox. I also made sure to ignore any legalholds and set PS to permanently disable just the mailbox.

I then enabled the remote mailbox as well as the remoteroutingaddress for the cloud account.

I then ran get-mailbox commands from both on-prem and Online to do a stare and compare and see what difference were between a working users account and the new remote mailbox account.

I had to make a single change to our default MDM policy for the new remote mailbox.

I then exported a PST of the on-prem disabled mailbox.

Looking in Exchange, I could confirm the mailbox is now pointing towards the cloud and I can confirm from EAC that the mailbox is migrated properly.

I then had to re-add all known SMTP aliases to the Exchange profile and perform a delta sync within AD Connect to get the names to begin appearing for the cloud mailbox.

This allowed for proper mailflow again for the users account.