View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Dentt42
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37 black 6spd
Dentt42 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whjaxn17 View Post
Drivability and quiet. The extra weight of the OEM dual mass makes it easier to drive, specifically from a stop and has a urethane dampener that keeps it from chattering.
I know what they were thinking it would accomplish, but my EXEDY kit is significantly easier to drive, and it's got a solid flywheel that's 10 lbs. lighter. It doesn't have that weird over-center feel pressing and releasing the pedal, and feathers out smoothly even when I'm half-assing it expecting a little bit of bucking. I admit the pedal feel was likely partly due to wear, but like I noted in my earlier post, I (personally) don't feel any need to install an RJM pedal with the EXEDY kit as it functions now.

The only increase in noise is the tiniest bit of rattle when sitting at idle from the bouncing clutch fingers. You can hear it running the car next to a wall, such as pulling through a drive-through. It's got close to zero chatter, and I'd be so bold as to say less than the stock (maybe stock replacement) clutch that was in there before.

When I had my previous G37 I had them install a solid nodular flywheel from Z1 and a new stock replacement clutch. It rattled badly enough that I thought something was wrong at first, and then later found just life with these cars. Point is, if a specialty company like EXEDY can built a street clutch set that performs better in very way while remaining very easy to drive and stay quiet, I have no idea why a company like Nissan with millions in R&D could not.
Dentt42 is offline   Reply With Quote