View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #4872 (permalink)
asht
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
asht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
when you press the open/close button does the top move..?

if it moves which means the motor works, then it can be the problem on the sensor(s)

I had an issue like this before end up find out it's the problem of one of the sensor

No, but it has the warning light on and hadn’t closed properly before winter garaging it.

It did work before I shunted it.

Everyone complains about the 370 interior. With the NAV system, I quite like it. It’s snug, means I can’t get into trouble with a girl in it and for a standard sound system it’s pretty good.

I’d probably have a manual if I had a coupe, but for a roadster. The Auto makes sense and more importantly when Michelle first got in it. She said “ooh very nice, can I have a go?” Which of course I said no!. But I was considerate, she had a skirt on, it was summer so I made sure the seat was chilled for her.

I’d really like to know what a Nismo R-Tune exhaust sounds like in a Roadster. I have a 3 inch exhausts on the Z32 and it Snarls, even though turbos dampen the sounds.

Story about the Z32. I used to have a highly modified RS13 200SX in the UK. Had a race spec engine built after blowing it doing a “naughty run” with my ex girlfriend in the car, who’s father only happened to be a copper. Off the clock on a new 9 mile straight stretch of road. There was 1 other S13 and 2 Z32s there (one that is now owned by me - used to be my dad’s) they blasted past us. Whilst the engine was being rebuilt, I had a spare engine fitted that had dodgy Cam Angle sensor that used to cause it to blow flames as big as trash bins . Actually burnt all the paint off the rear of the car.

Give you an idea how much the S13 was modified. Had custom low compression JE Forged Pistons, Tomei I beam rods, a forged
Lightened and balance crank (knife edged) JUN compassion valve springs, Tomei High lift, longer duration cams. Has flowed cylinder head by a Formula 1 engine builder. It would rev to 9000 rpm happily.

The first Trust / Greddy polished front mount intercooler into the UK. Blitz Nur Spec R with custom 3 inch silenced down pipe and Cat removal. Apexi EVC with DECS.. had a full portfolio of Greddy Gauges (5) . It was running 1.5 bar on a very hybrid T28, mapped to about 320hp on 1 bar which is not bad from a 1.8 4 pot

And then the suspension came into play. Fully adjustable, with Tein Coilovers. Adjustable Track, Camber, Toe and Caster to make it handle like a go kart .

Just to mention in a straight line, my
z34 is quicker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro