View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
1/4atatime
Base Member

Drives: Silver 2018 370z
1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute1/4atatime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Before you start tightening things up, clean the area real well and see if the oil reappears. If the oil doesn't show back up, you are good to go.

If you have an o-ring, you will be better off without the sealant. A little thread sealer will not hurt if you have an o-ring seal but most people use way too much.

Too tight is when you break something. You might be able to find some torque specs online.
Thanks for the info. I didn't apply a lot so I think I'm good in that area. My plan is to clean everything really well and double check to make sure nothing is loose leaving fittings alone that feel securely tightened. Hopefully everything is good.

Did any of my post help you or just feeling nice?Give Rep|Add me to your friends list|View My Build "The real you is who you are when ain't nobody watchin" - NF
1/4atatime is offline   Reply With Quote