View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 12:19 AM   #3216 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
A little bit of both I suppose. The most I've lasted at an employer was about 5 years, and was with Kraft-Heinz. This was during the great recession, and they were cutting left and right. I jumped ship to another company, but wasn't much better, but had job security.

I agree with the pension/401k aspect, and I also think that the newer generations, myself included, have this sense of entitlement. Took me a while to realize that good things come from hard work and nothing will be spoon-fed to me. Props to the earlier generations on being able to last 10, 20, 30+ years at one employer.
LOL, I have worked at the same place for 20yrs. It can be done. I have went through 3 mergers and 1 merger attempt.