View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #2980 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Im in the market for a 12" sliding compound miter saw. Needs to cut 12" boards flat. "Laser" line is really preferred these days. Dont really want to go over ~$600. I have a full size radial arm saw and it is just to large to exist in the basement shop. Hoping the replacement can do everything or at least almost everything it can.
Dewalt 15 Amp 12 in. Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw at HD runs $599 and looks decent with good reviews. Ridgid had some kind of blade wobble issue at some point but may have been corrected now. Any suggestions or favorites? Rusty, go play with the Dewalt in store and let me know your thoughts.
( Click to show/hide )
SKU #1000332012
If you like Dewalt, go for it. Don't forget that you need to buy the table for it too. I have a Craftsman that I bought about 4 months before they closed. Right now, I'm making termite food with all the wood I'm cutting for the bathroom remodeling job.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 04-22-2020 at 08:55 PM.