View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 08:15 PM   #2974 (permalink)
asht
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
asht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond reputeasht has a reputation beyond repute
Default The New “What did you do with your Z today” (with off topic replies) XXXVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Im in the market for a 12" sliding compound miter saw. Needs to cut 12" boards flat. "Laser" line is really preferred these days. Dont really want to go over ~$600. I have a full size radial arm saw and it is just to large to exist in the basement shop. Hoping the replacement can do everything or at least almost everything it can.
Dewalt 15 Amp 12 in. Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw at HD runs $599 and looks decent with good reviews. Ridgid had some kind of blade wobble issue at some point but may have been corrected now. Any suggestions or favorites? Rusty, go play with the Dewalt in store and let me know your thoughts.
( Click to show/hide )
SKU #1000332012

Hic

I have a Dewalt 12” Mitre Saw. The blade wobbles because the retaining bolt isn’t tightened correctly.

I’m not a carpenter but I collect power tools, mainly Dewalt and Makita

Dewalt 14v Drill Driver (came with 12v screwdriver and lamp) I “cough” obtained it from work
Dewalt Circular Saw

Makita 18v Drill Driver + inspection lamp
Makita Hammer / Drill
Makita SDS Hammer Drill
Makita Reciprocating Saw ( like what the paramedics use to amputate limbs)
Makita 8 inch Angle Grinder
Makita 4 inch Angle Grinder
Makita Jigsaw
Makita Router (I have no idea why I purchased this)
And a Paslode Nail Gun

Bosch Powered Saw (thrones you can move backwards and forwards like a giant mitre and the aforementioned Dewalt Mitre

Oh and Stihl and Husqvarna Chainsaws

Everything you need for home defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by asht; 04-22-2020 at 08:18 PM.