View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 11:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicVQ View Post
Either way, I think you are fine since the duty cycle controls the output.

Once the weather warms up, I will scope/data log my alternator control line and the output voltage and see if the FSM is accurate. Just over 6 volts is a little odd.

Also, in looking at the PCS section, it looks like the duty cycle is inverted.
What normally looks like 60% (as in 60% of the period ON) is shown as 40%.

It is also my understanding if you disconnect the PWM control line at the alternator, "the normal power generation is performed according to the
characteristic of the IC voltage regulator of the alternator." - From the CHG section.
I use an OBDII reader on an Ipad which has certain live parameters displayed ( Water temp, voltage etc)

You can clearly see the voltage cycle as ECM dictates. You can see it stay @13V or lower but not the amount of the float voltage.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote