View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #291 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Waxed and buffed the hood one more time. Laid down two coats of PVA (liquid plastic). Put down a TON of gel coat. Started to lay in fiberglass but I ran out of MKEP. I'll need to buy more fiberglass and MKEP (hardner) so that the gel coat can completely cure. The gel coat will never fully harden with out a top coat of epoxy. Honestly, I might be a good thing I ran out of MKEP, because I think the gel coat was a bit thick. It will have time to dry off a bit. This mold will probably not be dry for a 1 week minimum. I suspect it will be closer to two weeks because it's still cold in MI and the shop doesn't get that warm. I'll bring a torpedo heater in later to ensure some heat makes it into the mold.

New supplies are on their way to make a plug for the cowl. That's gonna take me a lot of time to make so the timing works out.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote