Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 12:17 PM   #727 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
All these fools keep blasting their load before we even get warmed up

And let's not be rash... there are those that deserve the vacation
LMAO!!! So I'm going to use your previous post an example (below) in relation to the bolded part. Members who do not like to start drama, but are easily amused and entertained by them are like the small businesses and the "heart/soul" of this forum. Members who like to create such drama are the "Big Business" that keeps mods like Trips in power. Therefore, drama members should always stick around, esp. during a time like this when the interwebs is the pretty much the only source of entertainment, for amusement purposes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Unfortunately, while small business may be the heart and soul of America, it is Big Business that keeps politicians in power. Therefore, corporate America will always take priority. We have seen it time and time again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
I think this is what started all.

This associates every Chinese to covid19, it carries a xenophobic undertone on blaming every single Chinese for the outbreak.

Perhaps it’s genuinely just a light hearted joke. For some others, it’s the type of words they hear while suffering from hate crimes, whether it’s dirty looks or a beating.

This is how I felt when I read the comment. This is subjective.
Not just Chinese, but anyone of Asian descent. Just because I'm Asian, people automatically think I'm Chinese and also think I have the coronavirus. And racism isn't anything new and has been around since the beginning of time and will continue to exist to the end of times. When I first started at the bottom with my current company, I would talk to potential clients on the phone, and when we met in person for the first time, I've had many clients kinda pause and say "You're Asian? You sound white on the phone" lol. Still not sure what this means to this day, but thanks?

I don't think the words "coronavirus" or "COVID-19" themselves associates with Chinese people, but because of where this virus originated from, that's where people think it's Chinese. A virus knows no borders/ethnicities, and has no nationality lmao. Like hurricanes, the ones we get in Florida originate in the Atlantic ocean, and very VERY close to the central west part of Africa. This doesn't automatically make them African hurricanes.