Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 08:08 PM   #428 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

So, to prove that there is some hope left for this sad bunch we call humanity, my wife was running errands today and afterwards decided to also stock up on some more tp and other essentials since we all live in crazy town now and it’s a scarce commodity.

First three places were out of tp, so she went to dollar general, they had quite a bit, she was able to pick and choose our preferred brand, an old black dude was also shopping for tp as well, he apparently liked the same brand we do, there was 3 12 packs left, my wife got one, he got one, and then my wife asked if he wanted the last one and he said no, better to leave it for the next person, my wife agreed. Second later, a young black lady came down the aisle with three kids and asked if there was any tp left so my wife and nice stranger helped her get a couple packs in her cart, the one “premium” one they left and one regular one.

If only everyone could just buy a little extra at a time and not panic, there’d still be plenty of everything.

Meanwhile, same store, some Hispanic lady was in full on panic mode screaming in English and Spanish into her phone about how everyone is out of everything and cursing at her little 6 or 7 yo kid and calling him stupid bc she left him to hold her place in checkout line and he spilled the cart and was nervous.

That was a low point for my people today. (Well, half my people, I’m a mutt).

The takeaway is the story about my wife and the nice old black dude calmly buying supplies and leaving extra even though they didn’t need to as a courtesy for the next person.

Stressful times bring out the true nature of folks, don’t be a d1ck, it’s easier to be kind and that makes everything more bearable.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote