View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 09:11 AM   #284 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
How is he going to weld it? MIG or TIG?

That bore next to the weld area might get a little out of shape if you get too much heat in that area. I would measure that bore in 2 directions, 90 degrees apart. Take a before and after measurements.
My buddy is going to TIG and he literally said all the same concerns. He mentioned using a small diameter filler rod, having water to quench and put a lot of heat into the broken tab as opposed to the base unit.

I look at it this way. If it works... great. if not.. I found new units for 200. The compressor will definitely be welded so I can proceed with turbo mock.

A bump in the road.

I have some good news aside from that. My buddy that has the race car is upgrading his fuel system to handle 2k+ hp. He's going to give me a screaming deal on his -8 fuel, -8 to -6 y blocks and other AN lines. SO that alone will save me a lot of money.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote