View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 06:36 AM   #9759 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
It's garbage. Get yourself a deep 2" holesaw from Home Depot to cut through the inner and outer bushing rubber. 3 cuts with a sawzall. Knock out with a muffler tool. I do them in 20 minutes. Longer if I'm BSings with someone.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-2...00AR/206797336
+1 for this. Rusty and I did mine, and I brought the z1 tool with me to try out. We gave it a whirl. I guess in theory it would work if you have enough room to really push on it, car on a lift for example, but in practice, Rusty's method produces quick effective results.

Also Betty, I wouldn't worry too much about a cut into the subframe. You should feel a sort of pop through the sawzall blade when you cut through the bushing shell. At worst, you'll mildly score the surface of the subframe.