View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:43 AM   #35 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by radensb View Post
The Workshop 12 kit does not support the Navi AC system and I wanted an actual car stereo instead of a hacked headphone jack interface. Also, their software is ... not great.

Not Dead! I am still very much planning on working on this. I have put way too much effort in board designs and code. As an update to my last (August?.. Jesus) post, I received the new board spins, assembled them, blew out 2 of the 3 I made because I am special, and confirmed the hardware design on the 3rd. I have been using it in my car for months now. All of the functions are working, although there is still a few bugs in the CAN communication that cause mode selection to foul up and some unexpected AC behavior. It is very rare bug - the best kind... and I have ideas on how to address them.

Life events had hit pretty hard over the last few months along with a spiked work schedule, but I do look forward to getting back to completing this.

My Z has had the stereo removed since April 2019 because I was too lazy to to reinstall it for my 8 minute work commute, so that at the very least is constant motivation to get back at it soon.
Actually I'm not going to be using their headphone jack. I'm going to plug their interface into a external DAC for the best possible audio. Not hacked up at all. They confirmed it'll work. I've played with their interface and it great IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6SUAZA2P&psc=1
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote