View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #8047 (permalink)
Spoiler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21 Supra -Blk/Red
Spoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond repute

As Old Guy just sent me a text to inquire about my health status, I guess I can share this with all of you as well....

It has been 30 full days as of today since my radiation treatments ended and I am making really good progress. Here’s where I’m at now...

I can now swallow about any kind of food again with minimal discomfort. My taste bud sensation is just beginning to return and I can taste salt now. Nothing else, but the flavor of salt as of a week ago. It's a start, but it’s a good start as I have a lot of bacon to catch up on.

I still have to see a physical therapist as my mouth still doesn't open fully yet.

I also have to see a speech therapist as I still have a slight lisp when I speak. Mainly due to a still swollen tongue which is rapidly improving.

Caffeine or alcohol products are not allowed yet as they tend to dry you out and I’m not supposed to be getting dehydrated.. Additionally, I have not tried eating any “kitty cat” yet, but I guess I will probably be indulging in that soon as well.... I keep telling Mrs. Spoiler, “baby steps, baby steps...”

Additionally there is a high powered flouride treatment that I have to do every day due to the radiation permanently damaging my salivary glands and the root system of my teeth. I see a Dental Oncologist still for this. I am told that this will have to continue for the rest of my life.

Least of all of my problems, is that my mustache has not began to grow back yet and my hair is still missing in a big jagged patch on the back of my head. I look like I got into a fight with a drunken Mexican with a big friggin can opener and I lost. (No offense if you happen to be a drunken Mexican with a big friggin can opener...)

And of course most importantly, I have to be fully scanned (CT, PET, Barium swallow analysis and filming) during the latter part of February to see if the radiation treatments took care of the tumor that was on the base of tongue, or if more has to be done. Certainly I am hoping for favorable results back from this testing.

And thats where I’m at in this process.

-Spoiler

Now back to your regular programming...

Last edited by Spoiler; 01-02-2020 at 10:46 AM.