View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 04:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by g96818 View Post
The torque chart with head sizes are in the GI section of the FSM
Page 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Here are the torque specification and bolt discrimination pages from the FSM.
That where I found everything last night.

There is 2 standards. The PREVIOUS STANDARD, and the new NEW STANDARD BASED ON ISO. The caliper bolts are under the previous standard. As "g96818" found out. The 10mm is 14 mm across the flats amd the 12mm is 17mm across the flats. Under the new standard. The 10mm is 16mm across the flats and 12mm is 18mm across the flats.

No markings or a 4 on the head of the bolt would be a 4T grade. If the head had a 7 or 2 dots, 180 degrees apart. The bolt grade is 7T. If the head has a 9 or 3 dots, 120 degrees apart. The grade would be 9T, the strongest.

On the 4 sets of calipers I have rebuilt. I've never seen a marking on the bolt heads. Has anyone else seen any markings? So, given this information. I would say the bolts are a 4T grade. So the torque would be for the 10mm hexagon flange bolt is 26 ftlbs. For the 12mm hexagon flange bolt would be depending on thread pitch 41 ftlbs for the 1.75 pitch, or 48 ftlbs for the 1.25 pitch. I don't know what the thread pitch is.

Anyone else think that is right or wrong. Post up.

The chart I posted earlier is close to the 7T grade torque spec's, 10mm 41ftlbs, and the 12mm at 74 ftlbs. The chart listed 40 and 70 ftlbs.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote