View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #179 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Ahhhhh......you are using an angle head die grinder in the one pic. Die grinders come in a couple of different types. Straight, 45 degree, and 90 degree heads. Short shaft and long shaft. 12,000 rpms all the way to 80,000 rpms.

36 grit is pretty course. 50 grit is finer. I normally start with a 36 grit, and finish with a 80 grit. If I want it really smooth. I then move to a 120 grit.
Rusty, as always, thanks for the input!

I can't imagine stitch welding the ENTIRE car. lol. FWIW, both of my buddies at the shop told me not to do it. But... I was already elbow deep doing the rust repair and removing the false firewall. For someone considering doing some stitch welding, I really hope the stumble onto this thread.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote