View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 05:17 AM   #7399 (permalink)
jchammond
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13’ 370Z TS 7A/T
jchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond reputejchammond has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
Not particularly pleased with how the long 2x6 turned out stain-wise. Sanded multiple times, final sanding with 320, and put three coats of stain on over two days. Must be the wood...

Still need to finish framing the tool chest. Bottom 2x6s were a tad too short, may go find some 2x8s. Table legs will run from top 2x6 to bottom 2x6s. On the plus side, staining the fence w a paint sprayer turned out pretty well for my first time using one. Made sure to park the Z on the street first too.

Edit: as you can tell by the pic, I'm standing on the bottom of rhe world. Suck it, Copernicus.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You’re giving me idears; though I seldom use 1.5x3.5’s for anything
I’m intentionally using long carriage bolts, from about knee high up & planning to put shelves around the whole inside & have plenty to anchor too
Watching the weather; as I’m planning to stick those other dozen 6x6 glider post in the ground & apply cement They just have to be on spot, as once they’re 3+ feet down w/2+ bags of cement...they don’t have much flex
Then I’m gonna pick up a couple bottle jacks & set underneath post @ strategic locations & raise the whole box evenly...roughly about a foot
Then bolt the double bottom 2x12’s to the 22 cemented post to hold suspended while prepping underneath (after they’ve hardened)
At least that’s what’s on my blueprints I drew up

http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...s-musings.html