View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 09:26 AM   #239 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlWakRa View Post
A hardtop NB mazdaspeed, is one of the cars I would love to get, but I am sure it will be too small for me, I drove the ND in street and it has good torque mid range, unlike 86/brz, where they lack it, I have a good time invested behind the wheel of them, 86/brz, and I am pretty fast in them when I compare myself with my friends, I agree with you as not to make any mistakes, it is hard to recover the time with them, also it is important to get the brake point right, brake smoothly so you don't disturb the balance entering the turn (most important in my book, as many friends brag about their late braking but they cannot enter turns right because of it ), and using the throttle as fast as possible.
Mine is the 1.8 version n/a version. I am 6'1" 215 so I had to do some modification to the floor to get the lower. My car is well sorted and you are exactly right about keeping your inputs smooth and handling the car aggressively at the same time. Too many do not follow the basic rule of slow in fast out when comes to cornering. I have been focusing on my braking as the last track weekend was at small technical track as is the next track I will visit in two weeks. I am really trying pay attention to gradual applying the brake up until full braking and then releasing the brake in the same way during trail braking so as to not allow the front of the car to lift and induce under steer.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote