View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #236 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
What are your impressions?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good to do fast laps without killing yourself

Really, it is part of the truth, the handling characteristics are pretty good, nice turn in, and puts its power beautifully on exits. Tbh, it is like 90% of what Z owners want from Z35 with VR30. The power on lower speeds is fantastic, you don't feel turbo spool, and low end torque is nice and smooth. I wasn't pushing it and it did 2:25 there in the video, I think I can cut 2-3 seconds if I am going to push it, the owner did a 2:21, which is as fast as I did in my 370z, where I am on Nexens and he is on stock PSS. It is a very communicative car as far as handling. The seats are great and supporting the body nicely, seating position is great and can go to a very low position (but high hood doesn't offer good visibility, which you don't need at track).

The things I didn't like, it has a lot of body roll, even with lowering springs, it is comfortable as a daily, they perform on track, but I have it as a negative, because it needs some time to get used to all that angle. Brakes feel aren't good, they don't have bite or the feel of good stopping power, but it is stock pads. Although it is communicative, it is not a fully engaging car, and transmission option isn't the best for purist (which is the only option anyway )

To sum up, as a dual duty car, daily and track, it is a great car, very streetable and have a good handling characteristics.

Hopefully next track I can try ND2 Miata although it is slow, I am excited for it.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote