View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #540 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

[09/20/2019] -- Update: --> This time, a positive, exterior type update!!! Yay!

https://imgur.com/a/4o3ECSR --> This link shows all of the designs that people have created for me over the past 3 weeks. If you're interested to see all in one nice imgur link!

So for the past 3 weeks, every day, I've been doing tons of research, talking to various people, and making lots of decisions, backing out of decisions, asking trusted friends / people / public for their opinions, etc. I've been working on a project for the exterior of my vehicle.

It's not a well liked idea by many in America, but in Japan it is

I have been researching on how to wrap my car...BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE...!
Not just any wrap...I've been wanting to wrap my car Itasha Style.
For those that don't know that term, it's a term used to describe those vehicles on the roads with anime characters / anime-esque vinyl images / printed images on the vinyl wrap on their vehicles.

As you guys already know, I'm an asian kid. So yes, I'm a total weeb!

After sifting through various designs that people have helped me create digitally for 3D Mockups as part of the pre-planning phase of this project, I came down to two - three designs that I absolutely fell in love with.

I thought I would share with you guys as well, since all of you deserve to know what's going on with me and my car lately. Well, here it an update!

I've also decided to take up Instagram again thanks to a friend who urged me to start one so he, and anyone else who is interested in seeing my build for the perfect vinyl wrap design (in my opinion, perfect xD)!

In about 2 weeks I plan to get this vehicle wrapped in reality.

You can see a quick fast forwarded summary of the #VinylWrapJourney for my Mustard Zeed!

https://www.instagram.com/iliveinabox7948/

Thanks guys for your unending support!

Gosh it feels good to finally post something positive for once regarding my car, and not something that is related to negative issues that affect my car's performance in a bad way...

The final color of the wrap will be:
- 3M Satin Neon Yellow

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on weather I should laminate it or ceramic coat the entire wrap? Does it matter which one? If so, why?
The shop I'm working with suggested that I ceramic coat it which comes free with the entire cost of the installation and work they will do on my car when the wrapping comes to fruition -- as they usually charge $500 for an entire ceramic coating but will come free if I get it wrapped at their place.

He said I could laminate it as well if I so choose to, but he said I honestly probably don't need it unless I want to protect it from scratches and such, or something like that???

I don't know much about vinyl wraps and the nature thereof~ , only what I researched, heard and learned in the last 3 weeks lol.

[PS] -- I'd absolutely love to do the first attached image design, but I was told by xpress skins as well as my local vinyl shop that to do the faded, ghosted image in the middle of the two characters on the side of the vehicle is not possible. They said it is not possible to print on neon wrap like that which made me super sad to learn lol.
So I was thinking to have someone design that exact image to match the exact color of the wrap (3m satin neon yellow) and then have the shop print it out over white vinyl for a sticker, then cut it out and place it in that spot in the mockup design just as you see it... so that it can still give the /ghetto effect/ of the ghosted / faded image I really wanted.

I don't know if the above is possible, but it was an idea lol. Any one have any input about anything I should know about neon wraps, images, etc in general? Would be much appreciated! Thanks!

#ThankfulToBeAlive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (110.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg car-sideALL1.jpg (513.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Neon Green.jpg (50.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by cupcakez; 09-20-2019 at 07:41 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote