View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 01:14 AM   #24 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobinH View Post
i find a bit of throttle while you're releasing the clutch helps on the 1-2. all manual transmissions really, but especially this one.

i tell people when i let them drive my car, 'you kinda have to keep your foot in the gas'.

i think if the strange lag in the throttle was lessened, it would be easier to shift smoothly.
I had a similar hunch when it comes to SRM. I'm almost certain it purposely adds more rev hang as an assist to people who shift slow. It seems like you can kinda trick it with weak throttle.

But even if that's actually true, that's such a weird habit to pick up. I mean without SRM, one could argue that slipping into 2nd can help (and technically that's the principle behind everyone's advice here), but I'm pretty sure most other cars wouldn't need such a measure.

Last edited by Ventruck; 08-29-2019 at 01:17 AM.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote