View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #251 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, no offense, but this discussion is kinda silly. I haven't seen anyone mention UOAs ever since this thread was brought back from the dead. So FWIW, here's my take. Use whatever oil floats your boat. If you don't hear any valve ticking, then so far so good. Next step is to send a sample of your used oil off to Blackstone Labs for a UOA (used oil analysis). If the results come back and everything is to your liking, awesome -- keep using whatever you're using. If you're not satisfied with your results or think you can get better results with a different oil, then switch out to said different oil. Repeat steps above until fully satisfied with the results (i.e., no valve ticking and good UOA numbers). Again, this is just my own take on things, but I don't see the need to overthink this as some people are prone to do. Neither do I see the need to take some 'this oil is the best and you'd be crazy to use anything else' position as I've seen some people (*cough**cough*Amsoil fans*cough**cough*) do.