View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:31 AM   #238 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
Dat overdrive

But that's one factor that unfortunately makes me open to parting with the Z if I can't own two cars.

I was already thinking of getting the C7 at depreciation, not actually expecting the C8 to be as awesome as it currently sounds. I mean not only is that car a better performer than the Z in every imaginable way, but it had more boot space, seems like the manual was still easier to get along with, and it got better mileage. Z51 also made the car a bit more track ready. Literally faster and more practical, it seemed. Targa top was icing.

It's not that the Z is bad, but at least to me, there was something that ticked all the boxes in qualifying as a better car in the C7.

Spending so-so years paying off a C7 now is kinda gonna get in the way of saving up for the supercar that is the C8. Only way I lean to a C7 is if the C8 turns out to be a timebomb disaster.

They played it safe. The engine is a mild update to the LT1. The LT1 is basically proven at this point.
All the tech in the C8 is in my car. It's just updated versions so you're not dealing with new tech.
The suspensions are identical to the vette and SS. it's just now the chassis is extremely balanced from having an MR platform. Waaaaay more aerodynamics and a lower COG.

You have one new production feature to a vette. The lift.
DCT is new to production cars but old to race cars.
If you really look at the C8. The just changed the platform of the C7 improved the transmission and seriously upped the interior. I think you'll be good bruh.