View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #234 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
My C7 GrandSport was daily driven since mid Febuary. It's not an issue. If you don't think you could daily a C8 then that's just you. The car will be capable of it. The fuel mileage is just stupid good for the C7.
I live as close to off grid as one can, without going fully off grid. The c8 would be okay until the road washes out and 6" deep ruts form in it, and then I'd be stranded over a mile from home. No fun. Giving up sports cars in exchange for freedom. Choices were made. Then factor in that a 300ft section of my driveway is a 27% grade, gravel, and when it snows those wide tires and light car will be problematic. AWD SUVs dominate my locale as a necessity.

The c8 simply is not capable of my daily commute, many days, unless I lifted it or armored the underside or some other nonsense. Nonviable.

Literally the only thing I've given up that I sometimes miss, when I moved out of the city. Otherwise, and in spite of it, highly worth it!

Last edited by ImportConvert; 08-03-2019 at 09:04 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote