View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #227 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
I kinda disagree, I get the whole pure bare bones sports car argument, and I do love a totally driver centric car like the 4c, but if you need a sports car that is a good track car and semi daily driver, then all that tech and comfort features make perfect sense.

There’s also the perceived value proposition from the average customers perspective, for $60-80k, if they didn’t offer this stuff, it’d flop. Very few people want a lotus type car, they’d rather something more “well rounded”.
Fair enough. Different buyer perspective. I suspect that you are in the majority, as this car will outsell the 4C, and every Lotus and Catheram ever made by many, many times over.

As to the value bit, not sure. Porsche manages to charge even more for deleting options than they do for adding them. Betting there will be a stripped down factory performance version of the C8, and that will come in at a premium price. Of course, you might be able to do the same thing by buying a base car and stripping it yourself, but Chevrolet will have enough tweaks in theirs to make theirs more worthwhile.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote