View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 01:48 AM   #226 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Why does it scare me that the "features" list for a high performance car like this (for all intents and purposes, a supercar), are almost all about creature comforts. I guess I like my sports cars "raw" whereas this is "well done with mashed potatoes, double gravy, veg, Caesar salad, appetizer, desert, big gulp, and a side of fries"!

The good news is that none of those up-sell packages have justification for huge price increases. I suspect they might, just the same, though.
I kinda disagree, I get the whole pure bare bones sports car argument, and I do love a totally driver centric car like the 4c, but if you need a sports car that is a good track car and semi daily driver, then all that tech and comfort features make perfect sense.

There’s also the perceived value proposition from the average customers perspective, for $60-80k, if they didn’t offer this stuff, it’d flop. Very few people want a lotus type car, they’d rather something more “well rounded”.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote