View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEK View Post
Being retired and bored, I just went to the Nissan site and tried to build an exact vehicle like mine and to my surprise, there are no Sport /Touring with manual transmissions....why? ( I know most of you will say...."because Nissan can").
I think that should increase the value of those of us who have manuals, sports/ touring, don't you think so.
Personally, I wouldn't replace my vehicle with a newer one if all I could only get was with an automatic transmission, just my opinion.
Though having a manual tranny will not increase the market value of the vehicle, I do believe it will increase the sentimental value and people will pay top dollar and way more than what it’s worth if equipped with a manual tranny. I think the 370Z will fall into this category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
All manual transmission sports cars will be sought after and desirable in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can speak from experience on this. I went from a 6MT 350Z to a 7AT 370Z and now a 6MT 370Z bc I missed the manual tranny so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
There will always be a group that will want a manual trans. But that group seems to be getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.

In the past, the three main reasons to buy a manual were: greater durability, more gas mileage, and more fun. New autos have all but done away with the first two. Laziness is working on number three.

I've gotten pretty lazy - I haven't had a manual vehicle in about a decade (last one was a '67 Mustang that I sold to make room for the 2009 Z I had).
There is a meme out there with a picture of a manual gearbox and labeled as “the best anti-theft system”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEK View Post
You can still get the Nismo with all the touring and sports goodies with a stick...maybe they needed to increase the Nismo sales...

I think Nissan made a mistake producing auto Nismo models. Honda doesn’t even make auto for their Si lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
Hopefully all the rave reviews of the new Supra being Toyota's best drivers car ever forces Nissan's hand to do a thorough rework of the Z.
it’s a bmw badged under a Toyota. I personally am not a fan of German cars.