View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 12:02 AM   #189 (permalink)
Brendan
Track Member

Drives: Poor man's Porsche
Brendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond reputeBrendan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Probably just not tightened enough combined with Hoosier grip. Basically, tighten them nice and tight and then tighten them even more.
Good to know. The z1 arms are working ok for now, but if I notice anything weird it's good to know there is an option.

First event with the new car is this weekend. The changes from this car to the old one are:

*18k springs up front
*the old 13k that were in front are now out back
*the car sits closer to 27" all around - old car was slightly under 27"
*corner balance is nearly perfect 50% cross weight - experience using scales and less concern over the car not being visibly even on all 4 corners when hard parked
*super sexy turn down exhaust tip

I'm most excited about the new front springs. The old set-up felt nice but the car needed more roll resistance, especially on grippy concrete. My only concern would be additional understeer mid corner but I can always throw the rear sway back on if it comes down to that.

I'm also hoping to have wheels by nationals which should be fun. Thinking about trying out the advans in 275/40r18.
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote