View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #55 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I've made a little bit more progress on rehabilitating the garage.

Whoever installed the drywall on the ceiling did a piss-poor job of hitting the rafters with the nails. The carpenter and I screwed some painted 1x4s along the rafters to hold up the unsupported drywall.

I found my screwdrivers! Looking for something else and stumbled upon them. I need to take a file to several of them. Three of them ended up in the scrap metal bin.

Started gutting the computer cabinet. Removed all the cables, the AC distribution panel, and the power supplies. All that's left is the very heavy magnetic tape drive (also found the boot tape in the bottom of the cabinet). I need to find someone with a strong back to pull the drive. Once the drive is out, I can install some shelves and have a nice storage cabinet on casters.

Cleared out a bunch of old oil, filters, PS fluid, ATF, etc.

Still haven't found a good solution to insulating the ceiling locally. When I'm not quite so sore, I plan on cutting the styrofoam I have to fit between rafters until I can figure something out. Did a little experimenting with the cutting tools I have and found out a hacksaw blade cuts well, makes minimal mess, and is fairly easy to cut a straight line with.